35 Radical Red Colored Websites for Design Inspiration

Red is a vibrant hue that colour theorists suggest represents love, anger and in some cultures, happiness, but how is it used in web design? The colour red in its many variants seems to be a popular choice with web designers. In today’s showcase we take a look at 35 great international examples of red usage in web design. See how this colour is used in each design, and more interestingly which other colours it is paired with to create striking colour schemes.

Vintage Productions

Točka

Točka

Fifth Army

Fifth Army

• 187
100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Join the mailing list to have new content delivered straight to your email inbox. Every subscriber gets a free pack of 100 HD Blurred Backgrounds + bonus 10 realistic web shadows.

100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Written by Iggy

Iggy is a designer who loves experimenting with new web design techniques collating creative website designs. Check out Iggy's design tutorials and articles at his Web Design Blog or follow his daily findings on Twitter.

1. pandita says:

these are great! :D

2. Chris says:

Some great examples, but none of them with the use of red give me a wow factor, warmth or interest to review the sites in detail. Some I clicked back in less than a second. Colour sure does play a vital part.

3. Love these designs and how each one has its own shade of red. It’s amazing how much you can do with just a color

4. Bartek says:

I really like it – great use of red colours .
    Second one is the best also Socialist is great .

5. Anny says:

Red is my favourite color.

6. Marianne says:

Some of these are very striking! But it definitely takes a certain kind of company to pull off this much red. Works for a lot of design companies and food too, but not much else.

7. Mick Kennys says:

My client wants a red design, but know I know that I can change his plans.

It’s only me or I do not know, but… ARGH MY EYES! :P

Themes are nice, but I would change it to calmer colors :)

8. Thanks for the amazing collection! Honestly, some examples are not that good, but, some of these are mind blowing. I would like to say one more thing here. Red is my favorite color! Hope you’ll share more examples like these soon with us.

9. Teelah says:

I definitely got that wow factor with these designs, the boldness is great, I usually always add it as an accent color, but these designs had some brave designers.

Thanks for the share!

10. Renzo Chim says:

Some of them are so simple and some are unique and some are a combination.. love all of these collections. It made me inspire to have do My best and learn more about web designing.

11. Prestop says:

Great compilation Chris.

Few thoughts that came to my mind. Sites that are using dark red or red and black color palette looks better than sites with bright red and white color palette. For example Web Development Group and Paul Woods are both very disturbing to my eyes. I can barely look at their thumbnails here and cannot bring my self to open those sites to view them. These sites are so disturbing. I am not sure if it’s just me or this is the case with everyone. Why they used such a bright color?

12. Saber usar cores como vermelho para sites assim não é pra qualquer designer.

13. John says:

Indeed such a great collection of sites..wonderful design.

14. Debarpan says:

Red is one of my favorite color and all of them red into their theme color.So nice.

15. joe says:

16. Michael says:

Well that saved me lots of time! I was looking for good sites designed with mostly red. Thanks!

17. Martino says:

Excellent review . Congratulations

18. dinamina says:

Thank you for this post with wonderful designs. I can get a lot of ideas

19. Roni says:

I see a lot of people stay away from bold colors such as red. I disagree with that! Bold colors can give a website the uniqueness and eye catching attention is is need to stand out.

Thanks for this post,
    Roni from cleverwebsites.ca

20. Great collection. you could also post near valentine.

21. Michelle says:

Really wonderful work.Love it.

22. Red colored templates and themes really do stand out so well. I have thought about changing our website to red actually.

Leave a response