Showcase of Web Designs with Modern Splash Pages

Add to Flipboard Magazine.

In the early days of the web, designers made use of splash pages to introduce a website with a logo, a short description and crucial supported browser information. We no longer dictate to our users which browsers they’re permitted to use, but splash pages are still fairly prominent in modern web design. As layouts have expanded to take up the full screen, many sites now display just a logo or tagline to their users until they scroll to see the rest of the content. In today’s web design showcase I round up 30 websites that make use of the modern splash page trend. See how they reinforce their brand or introduce the company before taking the user to the main content.

Playtika

AppArtig

AppArtig

The Brooklyn Bridge

The Brooklyn Bridge

• 187
100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Join the mailing list to have new content delivered straight to your email inbox. Every subscriber gets a free pack of 100 HD Blurred Backgrounds + bonus 10 realistic web shadows.

100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Written by Iggy

Iggy is a designer who loves experimenting with new web design techniques collating creative website designs. You can follow Iggy on Twitter.

1. Thanks for sharing the information on implementing modern splash pages in web designs. BishopWebWorks is one of the very few Denver Web Design companies implementing the splash pages to enhance the website’s overall performance.

2. Diana says:

You made a great job! I like Apparatus especially.

3. Beautiful splash pages.

4. Tonima Akter says:

Awesome splash pages. I used some of these in my website. Thanks for sharing.

5. These such an inspiring and clean work design examples for the web designers.. Thanks!!

6. Tom says:

Awesome splash pages. Are those pages SEO friendly (especially in Google’s eye)?

7. Some of these are really nice !

8. Jus says:

So, splash pages are making a come-back now?

9. I like Playtika and LogicArt. Nice List :)

10. Serfiu says:

This is actually not a design its just images !

11. Teelah says:

I actually really enjoy splash pages, these are good examples. I think these are well designed and the image choices works well. Even the usability is great with all these!

12. Wow, really nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

13. tanks for good site,www.sitesazi.com

14. The examples of splash pages you’ve displayed are really appealing and I get how things are trending right now. I’ve happen to see some flash splash pages on the web and those really create a bad user experience when the load time is a bit long.
    I think the key in today’s market, is to have CSS based splash pages or maybe just images because load times are of vital importance, especially in some of the stuff I do.

Cheers,
    Devin

15. Great design and really loved it.

16. Jordan says:

All the splash pages are impressive and creative. The most outstanding ones are Apparatus and CoLofts as they reflect simplicity with style.

17. Alan says:

Thanks for sharing

18. Nasrin says:

Excellent, all design are awesome.

19. Red says:

All of these splash pages look good and artsy and all of that…

But at the same time, they will also cause me to bounce, and leave your site.

I came to it for a reason and it was not to have a giant screenfull of useless.

They are barriers that prevent me from accessing the content I want, insulting bouncers that make me not want to enter the club.

20. اوینیک says:

These are really awesome!

21. Urban Influence is very effective page i like the design and i like to use it , thanks for sharing these pages with us. i am adding you in my resources list.

we are also giving some free digital goods on our website if you like you can share them with your audience in next article , we will relay appreciate that. have a nice day :)

22. Sam Shehzad says:

Nice post about web designing.its help the designers to create an awesome and gorgeous web design.

Thanks for sharing it.

23. great and inspiring list.

24. Ana Cooper says:

Aw-inspiring information. Thanks for sharing!

25. Brian says:

Lots of good pages here. Thanks for all the good ideas.

Leave a response