20 Web Designs Built With Modular Grid Layouts

Add to Flipboard Magazine.

Grids are normally seen as blocky layouts with strict rows and columns, but grids don’t always have to be so structured. Modular grids provide a balanced layout by dividing up your content into equal measures, but the ability to span multiple columns ensures the content appears interesting and dynamic. Modular grids are becoming increasingly popular in web design, often combined with images and bright colours to create a patchwork quilt style layout that neatly presents a large amount of content in a small space. In today’s showcase I provide 20 great examples of websites that are built with modular grids, these layouts bring harmony and order to a chaotic amount of content!

Column Five

Peachey Photography

Peachey Photography

Sebastian Sejer & Co

Sebastian Sejer & Co

• 187
100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Join the mailing list to have new content delivered straight to your email inbox. Every subscriber gets a free pack of 100 HD Blurred Backgrounds + bonus 10 realistic web shadows.

100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Written by Iggy

Iggy is a designer who loves experimenting with new web design techniques collating creative website designs. You can follow Iggy on Twitter.

1. Charlie says:

Nice collection Chris!
    Native shoes looks nice but I found it difficult to use – didn’t know I could drag until my mouse went on the top 1/3 of the box :|

2. Material Design Templates says:

Native Shoes Like this

3. Wordpress Theme says:

Thanks for the share

4. Guy Kawasaki says:

This a cool little read. Thanks for the post. This reminded me of a post talking about Why Your Company’s Website Needed to be Redesigned Yesterday

Thanks for the read again.

5. Love this inspiring collection of grid layouts.. The grid concept is almost use in fashion and photography websites..

6. Very like these theme,please keep on the good work!

7. Hi Chris, Yet another very useful post, thanks for sharing.

8. Amy says:

Hi Chris Spooner,

Nice collection, Thanks for sharing layouts. Actually I was confused which type of layout I should use for my website. But your blog help me to choose a great layout.
    Thanks for share it. I will keep updating.

9. Addy says:

Chris thanks for sharing inspiring collection of grid layouts. All are awesome but I like White Frontier Brewery the more. Simple, Elegant and clean indeed.

10. ترجمه says:

it was great congrts

11. Denise Gore says:

12. Cool layouts amazing work done your layout design help me create my company website layout thanks

13. Kereana says:

This can be a great source of information. Such an helpful blog regarding grids and layouts. Thank you for sharing. Keep up the update.

Leave a response