30 Web Design Blogs With Consistently Good Content

Add to Flipboard Magazine.

There’s a growing number of design blogs scattered around the web, each focusing on various aspects of design. This collection of 30 design blogs all have a primary focus on Web Design, and each one consistently pumps out great content, whether it’s in the form of inspiration, discussion, theory or tutorials. If you’re looking for some scrumptious goodies to feed your creative inner geek, look no further than this feast!

WPKube

WordPress Themes, Plugins, Reviews, & Tutorials - WPKube

WPKube is a blog that focuses on WordPress and all the things to do with it. You can find on it a wide range of articles such as How to Install WordPress (a very comprehensive guide for beginners) as well as much more advanced WordPress tutorials.

UX Booth

UX Booth

UX Booth is a blog focusing on user experience, usability and interaction design. Founded by Andrew Maier, Matthew Kammerer and David Leggett.

Web Design Ledger

Web Design Ledger

Web Design Ledger is the online publication of Henry Jones and is home to a whole range of web design content from various authors.

Ucreative

UCreative.com

On this website, you’ll find a large range of web design articles such as 20 Free Chalkboard Fonts.

Six Revisions

Web Design WebpageFX Blog

Six Revisions is a veteran design blog managed by Jacob Gube. Along with a large collection of authors, Jacob posts various inspirational design topics, as well as plenty of design tutorials.

Web Designer Depot

Web Design Blog Webdesigner Depot

Since it exploded onto the scene in 2008, Web Designer Depot has continued to grow into a monster of a blog, with frequent design posts being published from various authors.

Web Designer Wall

Web Designer Wall

Web Designer Wall is a wall of design ideas, trends and tutorials created by talented designer Nick La. Topics include a range of trend roundups, WordPress tutorials and handy tips and tricks.

Designrfix

Designrfix

On Designrfix you’ll find a large range of tutorials, not only for your next web project but for anything related to design.

Tutsplus

Learn How To Code by Envato Tuts

Tutsplus is the web development and design branch of a popular network and is home to some detailed and technical tutorials for both front and back-end developers.

Tympanus

Codrops Useful resources and inspiration for creative minds

Tympanus can come in really handy if you’re looking for some inspiration of trying to improve your project.

Boagworld

Advice on user experience design Boagworld

Boagworld is a design blog and podcast hosted by Paul Boag, a popular figure in the web design industry.

Usability Post

The Usability Post Thoughts on design and user experience

Usability Post provides tips and insights into good design practices, founded by Dmitry Fadeyev it documents useful tips on how to design with usability in mind.

MarcoFolio

Marcofolio.net

Marco Kuiper is the guy behind Marcofolio, a blog passionately covering web design inspiration, tutorials and tips.

CSS-Tricks

CSS Tricks

CSS-Tricks is the home of Chris Coyier and is a treasure chest of CSS related tips, tricks and tutorials. Don’t forget to check out the awesome screencast tutorial series.

Tomkenny

Tom Kenny Design Strategies for Web Designers

This website is a web design and development blog by Tom Kenny that hosts a range of inspirational posts, tutorials and general design topics.

Woork Up

woorkup Marketing, WordPress, SEO, WebPerf

Woork Up was founded by Antonio Lupetti and is home to a large collection of useful CSS, jQuery, WordPress and Design content.

Noupe

noupe THE magazine for webworkers and site owners

Recently acquired by Smashing Magazine, Noupe is home to all kinds of design related roundups, including CSS, PHP, WordPress, AJAX and Javascript.

Smashing Magazine

Smashing Magazine For Professional Web Designers and Developers

Smashing Magazine is a monster design blog covering all kinds of design related content. Web Design posts, in particular, are often packed full of tips, theory and inspiration.

Vandelay Design Blog

Vandelay Design

Steven Snell’s Vandely Design Blog is home to extensive trend roundups and design theme specific roundups, making it a great place to check out the latest movements in website design.

CSS Globe

CSS Globe

As well as presenting CSS related content from Alen Grakalic, CSS Globe also hosts a popular Community News showcase that contains stacks of excellent design links.

Cats Who Code

CatsWhoCode.com

Cats Who Code is a blog dedicated to web development, with a mix of tips for various programming languages. Founded and maintained by Jean-Baptiste Jung.

WP Recipes

WPRecipes

Another amazing blog from Jean-Baptiste Jung is WP Recipes, a site that provides daily recipes enabling you to cook up various solutions for WordPress.

A List Apart

A List Apart -For People Who Make Websites

Since its migration online in 1998 A List Apart still keeps the web industry moving forward with plenty of in-depth articles on the design, development and meaning of web content.

Speckyboy

Speckyboy Design Magazine - Web Design News, Resources & Inspiration

The Speckyboy design magazine by Paul Andrew is constantly updated with design trend roundups showcasing various design styles and themes.

24 Ways

24 ways

The 24 Ways advent calendar is what web geeks look forward to every year with articles and content from popular authors from the web industry.

Spyre Studios

SpyreStudios Web Design and Development Magazine

Jon Phillips’ Spyre Studios blog is home to plenty of design inspiration, tutorials and articles covering the web design subject and the greater world of design.

1stwebdesigner

1stWebDesigner Helping You Build a Better Web

1stwebdesigner is a design blog dedicated to bloggers, freelancers, web developers and designers which a mix of articles covering various design related topics.

Sitepoint

SitePoint

Sitepoint is yet another good example of a web design blog with consistent content which can save you a lot of trouble in your next project.

instantShift

InstantShift

With categories covering Icons, Showcases, WordPress, CSS and Tutorial, instantShift is a popular destination for web related content.

Lee Munroe

UX Design Blog of Lee Munroe

Freelance Designer Lee Munroe runs a popular web design blog based on his personal findings and includes interesting conference summaries, trend showcases and WordPress topics.

Pro Blog Design

Pro Blog Design

Pro Blog Design is a consistent source of web design posts, with topics covering coding, WordPress, resource roundups and tips & techniques.

Design Shack

Design Articles, Inspiration & Guides- Design Shack

Design Shack showcases inspiring web design, resources and tutorials by David Appleyard and Josh Johnson as both a design gallery and blog.

Line25 Web Design Blog

Not to forget good old Line25. Founded and maintained by my very self, Chris Spooner, Line25 hosts a range of web related tutorials, articles and articles for every designer.

• 187
100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Join the mailing list to have new content delivered straight to your email inbox. Every subscriber gets a free pack of 100 HD Blurred Backgrounds + bonus 10 realistic web shadows.

100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Written by Iggy

Iggy is a designer who loves experimenting with new web design techniques collating creative website designs. You can follow Iggy on Twitter.

1. Oli Gardner says:

Excellent breakdown Chris. I’m running through a design process for our website, and sometimes you just need to walk through a list of cool sites to get some inspiration.

When they write well it’s an added bonus.

From your list, I find 24 Ways is really clever and always enjoyable.

Also really enjoyed your last post on usability crimes.

Cheers
    Oli

2. ian says:

Good list, although I’ve now increased my number of blogs to check out via RSS thus reducing my time to do other things. Damn you! :-)

3. Marco says:

Amazing list here, I’ve seen most of them, but some of them are still missing from my RSS list. Great to see so many blogs produce high quality content.

Thanks a LOT for including Marcofolio here Chris – really appreciate it. I have 2 great upcoming articles lined up this week – stay tuned ;) .

4. Great list of blogs here Chris. I visit most of these sites daily.

5. Dzinepress says:

i really like to read and learn from famous bloggers for better work for my visitors and readers. thanks

6. Awesome list, these truly are some of the better blogs out there, I’m surprised you didn’t plug your other blog.

7. Tocki says:

Great List! Nice to see I follow the right ones. I din’t now 2-3 anyhow.

8. Brandon Diaz says:

Thanks alot for this list, I’ve been trying to get myself into the habit of using RSS readers to ‘digest’ blogs lately, instead of spending2-3 hours browsing sites.

9. Thibault says:

So great list. Thanks

10. Tyron Bache says:

Nice, too much content here though, ow am i supposed to get any work done :) Well done From The Couch

11. Murlu says:

Great list Chris.

Most of these are already on my RSS reader, always excited to see new content from them.

A few of these I need to add.

12. These are great, but my productivity will probably suffer!! Thanks!!

13. designi1 says:

Like designinformer said i visite almost of them as well :D Nice list!!

14. Brian Jones says:

Thanks for sharing these & Great Job on Line25. I have to visit daily: Smashingmag (like 4 times a day), WDL, WDD, Vandelaydesign/blog, Noupe and have started coming across 24ways and 1st webdeisgner recently. Another great site that I visit daily and did not see on the list is http://www.tripwiremagazine.com. Keep up the great work!

15. Thanks for this great list and for including WDD.

Btw, I’d have put Line25 much higher in the list, you’re too modest! :)

16. Vikas ghodke says:

Great list of webdesign blogs.. I learned a lot from above listed blogs..

17. aravind says:

Great roundup.
    All of them are already in my Google Reader.. . :)

18. goofydg1 says:

Nice list. Thanks.

19. jkadesign says:

Thanks for the list. I was aware of 6 of the listed sites. The remaining ones go on my feedly right away.

20. theComplex says:

Great feature! Some of these are favs and others I obviously need to become better acquainted with. Thanks!

21. Rebecca says:

Great list. I check most of those, but there are a few I forget to check regularly.

22. Henry Jones says:

Thanks for including WDL in this list of great web design blogs, and a big thanks for putting it at the #2 spot. :)

23. Harry Ford says:

I Hope to be on this list very soon. Have always used all of these maybe apart from Pro Blog Design.

Must admit I do not like 1stwebdesigners logo that much at the moment.

24. Lars V says:

Thanks for this great list! I’m a regular reader of most of these blogs and my list would have looked very similar. Still I found a few new blogs that I need to investigate ;)

25. supertivo says:

thanks! but most of them are in my rss reader already, next time please add more unindustrialized and personal blogs to the list, like soh tanaka’s and design informers’ :)

26. Josh says:

Nice compilation here. Tough to keep up with all of them! :0)

27. Blogger Den says:

Wow thanks for this collection! I haven’t subscribed to a lot of these so I’ll have to add them to my RSS feed reader.

28. Jacob Gube says:

Chris – you just listed down my “favorites” RSS feed! Great minds think alike? In any event, thanks for including Six Revisions on the list (and at the #3 spot, woot!).

If I were to add to this, I’d add Soh Tanaka’s blog – he constantly produces unique tutorials on jQuery that web designers can easily follow along with.

29. Asto says:

ty for this great list :)
    i knew most of these blogs, but now i have some new blogs to add to my rss reader.

30. Agree, its a great list of top blogs making quality content.

31. Wise says:

Thanks! i knew at least 8 of them i’ll check on the others :) what about you guys, how many blogs did you know before this post?

32. Eko Setiawan says:

Thanks for sharing the information, in addition to our reference for design and content inspiration.

33. August Klotz says:

I can’t believe Perishable Press didn’t make the list – always superb content there.

34. Thats a great collection. Lot of resources..Thanks

35. Jenny says:

Amazing list, what a great site and informative posts, I will add backlink – bookmark this site? Regards, Reader. Webdesign and its facts

36. Design Ideas says:

Amazing design examples

37. Kimcool says:

Great list,I think in the 2010 I can study more html5 and css 3 form them.

38. Alex Flueras says:

Great list, I found a couple of them that I didn’t know exist. Thanks for putting this together.

39. Church Marketing TV says:

This is a really great collection. Not the same old pages everyone else posts about.

Great job!

40. Steven Snell says:

Hey Chris,
    Thanks for including Vandelay Design.

41. Noel Wiggins says:

Seriously there is so many great things to read through here, I have to eventually tell myself less talk and more action.

So lets stop yakin and get craklackin

Thanks and Regards

Noel for Nopun.com
    a graphic design studio

42. GraphicDesignBay says:

Many thanks for the post its going straight into my bookmarks… Really Great list :)

43. website designer melbourne says:

I love seeing new examples of websites design thank you. :-)

44. Nice one!
    Would love to see my blog involved in this list ;)

45. Josh says:

Great list of websites. My favourite has to be Think Vitamin. It provides easily digestible information with some very knowledgeable viewpoints.

46. Edgar Leijs says:

Line 25 en 24 ways are great!
    Thanks again for a beautiful list!

47. waqas khan says:

Great List of Websites. Thanx

48. brandon says:

Great list Chris! I check a few of these, but wasn’t aware of all of them. Thanks again!

49. Iconshock says:

Hey, what about our blog?

Besides that, what a frigging excellent list. Congratulations!

50. Sneh Roy says:

Some new ones here for me! I am so loving 24 ways and Soh Tanaka’s blog :) Thanks Chris!

51. Great list. Thanks Chris!

52. Awesome list! I found some new blogs today. And of course I’m very happy to see my favorites included… (like boagworld and Smashing Magazine)

53. A couple there I hadn’t come across that were really good design blogs …. particularly Inspect Element .. thanks for these

54. Hello Chris, and thanks a lot for including two of my blogs in your list. I’m definitely in good company here ;)

55. I totally agree with you on the list of good content websites. I already follow some of these websites. Once again thanks for the list

56. Soh Tanaka says:

Thank you Chris for listing me in~ I feel honored to be up there with the big fellas :-)

57. webb says:

This is really Good information know. I am definitely bookmarking this page.

58. plexasys says:

Good for me.
    But iam new one for using blogger.i saw your templates.but i dont know about to upload these templates to my blog

59. Amazing list of designs!

60. Pynouch says:

Very useful. There’s some blogs i didn’t known. thx

61. Eric Di Bari says:

Great web designs. I like how many of them utilize a number of colors and designs, while still maintaining a quasi-minimalist approach.

62. Impressive collection….thanks for compilation
    keep posting

63. jay design says:

Great list. I check out Pro Blog Design now and then. Line25 is my personal favourite.

64. Suvarna says:

Good for me.

65. Jeff says:

Nice list – I’d like to nominate Andy Rutledge for inclusion on the next iteration of your list: he has great web design articles – http://andyrutledge.com/

66. john says:

super list. thanks for sharing.

67. cs5276 says:

it's very kind of you for making such a long list. to be honest, every blog recommended by you is of great value. I am a Chinese student, a poor English major, but I'm quite interested in web development techniques. Thank you again for providing so many valuable resources.

68. Florence Bell says:

Great and a very informative blog for me. The 30 important blogs of designs are really very nice. Thanks a lot for sharing.

69. Allen Thomas says:

It’s really great lists and helpful to web designer and developers. These lists are great helpful to them..

Leave a response