20 Powerful High Contrast Black & White Web Designs

Designing a website using just black and white provides the highest contrast possible between text and background elements. Combined with black and white photography, this produces powerful designs that grab the attention of the viewer and draws them in with their seductive qualities. In today’s showcase I round up 20 beautiful examples of monochromatic website designs that master the use of black and white in their interfaces.

CREATIVEPARK

Island

Island

Hunt & Co.

Hunt & Co.

• 187
100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Join the mailing list to have new content delivered straight to your email inbox. Every subscriber gets a free pack of 100 HD Blurred Backgrounds + bonus 10 realistic web shadows.

100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Written by Iggy

Iggy is a designer who loves experimenting with new web design techniques collating creative website designs. You can follow Iggy on Twitter.

1. Teelah says:

I love these examples, what a great way to inspire people to do more black and white designs. I really love these!

2. ZAM says:

Thats indeed a very rare set of design inspiration.

While doing a redesign for my portfolio(http://www.terminalalterego.com) I too had something of these sort in mind. The power of black and white and the contrast it creates for the content.

3. Very inspiring and attractive list of websites.. Black and white colors make for each other because black and white color is attractive look to anything..

4. Jim says:

When did it become a rule that all creative agencies have to use the line “WE ARE ___________” as the banner on their websites? As soon as I see that line I always assume they aren’t really that creative after all.

5. Blogging Concepts says:

Really i doesn’t make color conflict, such design make nice looks of websites. very realistic and well experienced……

6. Excel Tricks says:

While implementing in web design, I found unbelieveable result. Thanks for your information.

7. wow this are very simple and beuaty
    thanks a lot

8. Wow these are very impressive and eye-catching web designs and no doubt contrast of white and black always gives a very classy results.

9. Useful selection of great from this post!

10. sms market says:

really powerful pack.

11. Margret J. says:

Thanks for the roundup! What really captured my attention was the first two examples. I love that the composer website made use of a well-chosen grayscale background image to immediately tell you what the site is about. The Centralway “Numbrs” was a head-scratcher: it didn’t look like a banking app to me. They probably went to modern / minimalist with this one.

12. Courtney says:

At risk of sounding like a total nob, I think that black and white has such elegance and modernism to it. I don’t know, I’m pretty minimalistic myself but I feel like you can do no wrong with plain ol’ B&W

13. ashish says:

Classic.
    Black & White designs are simply amazing.
    Thanks for sharing.

14. Sajid says:

Wao… Awesome web design.. Look fabolous.

15. Listszone says:

So True boss.

16. george says:

Yes, This is great, it is useful..

17. Very beautiful, please visit our site

gowebsite.ir

18. John Woodman says:

I’m loving this return to the ‘back to basics’ attitude towards design. For too long we’ve had too many colors, shapes and way too much noisy content. Black and white designs in the main look very contemporary and creative. Loving the Tobias van Schneider site…

19. i think the colorful PLAIN would be better

20. Arbaz K says:

I really like the way you showcase a number of different websites and their designs on your blog regularly.
    The designs of websites in this list are amazing!

21. Love black and white designs they are so clean great websites designs too lovely selection.

22. Malka says:

Thank you for this selection ! You miss this one http://raphaelmalka.com/home

23. Beautiful black and white web designs I liked the laurent Perez Del Mar and Island design

24. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful Black & White Web Designs.

25. Tonima Akter says:

Wonderful Black & white web design. I love all these design. Specially last one attract me much.

26. Loved the colors and concepts. This type of themes worth more than colorful themes because they look much attractive than colored ones.

27. tnx alot i love this site :)

28. طراحی لوگو says:

tnx alot i love it great post

29. Thank you for this selection ! You miss this one

30. Thank you so much for this great share<

Look at this awesome designs

31. زنت says:

I Loved the colors and concepts.thank you so much

32. I Loved the colors and concepts.thank you so much

33. i love black and white design , really Wonderful Black & white web design
    thanks for share this <3

34. Thanks, I really like black and white design.

35. ثبت شرکت و برند says:

Hello

black and white contrast is nice but I think you can create contrast by other colors too , such as blue and red for example to make a website more cheerful.

Thanks