Line25 is reader supported. At no cost to you a commission from sponsors may be earned when a purchase is made via links on the site. Learn more
Every great WordPress theme has its advantages and limitations. Simply put, you want to pick a cool WordPress theme that features more of the former and fewer of the latter. If you’re really into it, you’ll want to get a WordPress theme from whose authors who have managed to maximize the theme’s advantages but eliminate those pesky limitations.
Only then, you are able to build the best possible website for your client or for your own purposes.
Selecting any of the following 12 top WordPress themes could place you in that idyllic situation.
It’s 40+ core features including more than 600 pre-built websites. They’re combined with total sales in excess of 200,000. That has made BeTheme the biggest WordPress theme of them all. Size does matter when it comes to website building capabilities and theme popularity.
Rather than trying to mention every BeTheme core feature in a limited space, let’s focus on several key features that most web designers are likely to put into play for most of their projects.
- The Muffin Builder – which is a powerful drag and drop page builder. Combined with certain other core features, can make website building a walk in the park and a coding free adventure.
- The Shortcode Generator and Admin Panel gives users the flexibility needed to design and build a site down to the finest level of detail
- 600+ customizable pre-built websites enable users to get any project off to a rapid start. These professionally-crafted design aids provide inspiration and the basic functionalities for creating satisfying UXs.
Click on the banner and learn more about what BeTheme could do for you.
Elegant would be a good term to apply to Total’s design. Designed with perfection in mind, Total is a feature-heavy theme that still manages to be fast, flexible, and friendly.
- Because you can disable any feature you won’t be working with, this theme’s multiplicity of useful features won’t slow your progress
- Total’s Dynamic Template Function lets you customize layouts precisely the way you want them to look.
- The Theme Customizer does the same for changing fonts, colors, and column and section widths
- WPBakery is the page builder of choice, and Total also features useful and attractive selections of pre-made demos and page-building modules
- Total is WooCommerce friendly and compatible with all the popular WordPress plugins
Click on the banner and learn more about the many features and website-creating advantages Total offers web designers.
Avada’s 450,000+ users says a lot about its performance and its obvious popularity. This all-time best-selling WordPress theme is most certainly deserving of a 5-star rating.
That said, Avada could be the best choice you could make, whatever your website-building plan is, but you’ll still want to dig a little deeper.
- Avada’s portable one-click demos, pre-built websites, and design elements lay out a smooth design path for web designers
- The drag and drop Fusion Builder, and the Fusion Page and Theme Options enable users to build complex sites without coding and speed up a project’s workflow in the process
- Avada always strives to continually improve and those improvements are reflected in its free lifetime updates
- 5-star support if you ever need it.
Avada lets you design what you want in the way you want to do it.
Uncode is an ideal site-building tool for creatives, agencies, bloggers, and small businesses.
- This ThemeForest best seller can boast of more than 80.000 sales to date
- Among its key features is a unique WooCommerce Custom Builder that can create a supreme shopping experience
- Viewing Uncode’s showcase of user-built websites is a “must”. Click on the banner, visit the site, and you’ll be impressed.
As a specialized theme for personal online coaching and education websites, MaxCoach proves to be the best assistant for building online portals to distance education, delivering one-on-one tutoring, and teaching/learning any subject from home.
MaxCoach enables users to:
- Easily set up courses, curriculums, quizzes, and tests with LearnPress LMS plugin
- Utilize remote education with Zoom Conference integration.
- Take advantage of Elementor – the best WP page builder as the main driver and speed up the process of building the platform.
TheGem is considered by many to be the ultimate WordPress toolbox. Among its website-building features you’ll find:
- 400+ unique and creative multi-page and single-page ready-to-use websites
- Mix & match templates and two industry leading page builders: Elementor & WPBakery
- TheGem Blocks: pre-designed page sections designed to speed up workflows by making page building easier
- WooCommerce features and designs for creating engaging online shops
This 5-star rated theme is trusted by more than 50,000 customers.
Rey isn’t just another WooCommerce theme. Its users will tell you Rey is the WooCommerce theme for WordPress.
A brief peek reveals:
- An invaluable selection of professionally-crafted templates
- Specialized WooCommerce tools and WooCommerce and Elementor integrations
- Built in SVG support
- Rey is SEO, user, and developer friendly
Click on the banner to learn more about this impressive WooCommerce theme.
The Aurum minimalist shopping theme is especially suitable for creating bookstores, art stores, boutiques, and fashionable jewelry and clothing stores.
- Many premium plugins are included, such as: Advanced Custom Fields PRO, WPBakery Page Builder, Slider Revolution, Layer Slider, etc.
- This theme’s UberMenu compatibility makes it especially suitable for sites that will benefit from using mega-menus.
- Aurum’s pages load quickly and are 100% responsive
- Aurum is compatible with the most widely-used WordPress plugins, and several are included at no cost.
It would pay you to see what Hongo has to offer if you have your sights set on building a small business, blogging, or WooCommerce website.
This next-generation theme’s key features include:
- Valuable selections of templates, store demos, and creative design elements
- Product-oriented features like quick view, compare, wish list, and product display filters
- The Hongo theme also features a selection of popular plugins
Hongo is fast and flexible, and it’s also SEO friendly.
It’s amazing what you can get for $39. A glance at XStore’s features suggests that with the press of a button, XStore will build your online store for you. That’s not far from the truth, thanks in part to its:
- 100+ pre-built shops and full Ajax shop
- Single Product Page Builder
- $500+ valuable plugins
Quite a lot for the price.
This popular knowledge base theme will place the FAQ page in the dustbin of history.
- Customers can get 24/7 instant answers to their questions
- They don’t have to be put on hold to get an answer over the phone
- KnowAll’s actionable analytics and search features provide them with relevant information they can use
- Customer support staff isn’t tied down answering repetitive questions
Click on the banner and learn how to keep your customers smiling.
This 2020 top WordPress theme is set to make an encore in 2021. It’s a smart choice for building a portfolio, blogging, or online store.
- Pofo’s custom shortcodes give users all the flexibility they need, in tandem with the WordPress Customizer
- Popular premium plugins are included in the package as are a host of trendy demo and home pages, and pre-built elements
- Pofo’s users receive first-class customer support.
The ability to create an engaging, high-performance website requires having the right tools at your fingertips. For WordPress users those tools will usually be found in the top WordPress themes – like the 12 described here.
Find popular WordPress Themes that you believe will best fit your needs (several would likely qualify). Then you should have no problem at all creating a stunning websites that features a visitor-friendly UX.
As far as finding a “best fit” is concerned, don’t spend too much time worrying about it. You won’t find any wrong choices here.