Web Design Trend Showcase: Rockets & Spaceships

Yep, that’s right – Rockets! Probably one of the most obscure mini-trends, but one that’s developed a fair number of examples. Rockets and spaceships are appearing in a range of website designs and layouts, let’s take a look at some examples and find out where we can find some free rocket/spaceship graphics of our own.

Jeff Sarmiento

Turbomilk

Frenzy Labs

Base6 Design

45royale Inc

Rawkes

Paper Launcher

Tomatic

Midiaweb

Sean Geng

RK Launcher

Pojeta

Mozilla Labs Jetpack

Rockets in web design

Download your own rockets and spaceships

There’s a bunch of cool rocket and spaceship graphics available for free on the web, here’s a roundup of various stock images, icons and general graphics. Be sure to check out the premium stock websites for plenty more resources

To the Moon Icon Set

Free rockets graphic

Space Rocket Photoshop Tutorial

Free rockets graphic

Rocket Stock Illustration

Free rockets graphic

Space Rocket Stock Illustration

Free rockets graphic

Rocket Stock Illustration

Free rockets graphic

Retro Rocket Stock PSD

Free rockets graphic

Create a Simple Spaceship

Free rockets graphic

1. It’s amazing how you don’t even notice small things like that, and then they become a trend!

I wonder what else is out there?

2. Marco says:

Nice roundup Chris! I really like rocket/spaceships (who doesn’t?), and I see them too often popping up more and more on the web.

Really like the “fat-rocket” from RK Launcher. Also, nice article by “zooming in” the rockets!

Keep up the great work :)!

3. So many rockets! I love the paperlauncher milk carton one, nice stuff!

4. Garry Aylott says:

Love this article. It’s amazing how trends like this go under the radar for a while then explode.

We’ll probably see a lot more of these popping up over the next year.

Great write up as always Chris.

5. Pradeep CD says:

I have seen same post somewhere else…

great list…

6. Tom Kenny says:

Here’s another one: http://www.pojeta.cz/ (scroll to the top).

7. Nice. I like the overly simple one best (last on the list). I’m a fan of abstractions :) I remember seeing a lot of rockets outside of the web recently, like on shirts and stuff.

8. grazz says:

My blog has rockets and spaceships too!

Here it is: http://www.bloggingcss.com

9. Ryan Scherf says:

Thanks for the feature of Frenzy Labs!

10. seems like a pretty crazy trend… but now I know!

11. Kamrul says:

Spaceship! Yes. I wanna have one, a real one. A nice dream and a ….. Why it can’t be a trend? Wonderful thinking.

12. hade says:

If you want to know more about web designing, there are lots of online tips and guide for you to learn. Also, if you are lacking of tools and software, you can immediately download it online. These tips would really help you understand a lot of things about web designing and development.

13. katty says:

nice round up. and nice blog

14. Sara says:

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned that it’s also the 40th anniversary of the Apollo mission to the moon. Maybe all that buzz about space travel has helped encourage this trend.

15. Blagoj says:

This article “rocks” :D

16. David Perel says:

Excellent point Chris. I never really noticed rockets as a trend but looking now, its clear as day that they are ‘out there’…

17. Declan says:

I am learning how to use Illustrator properly so with some inspiration from this article, I decided to have a quick go at creating a vector of a rocket:

Feel free to use if anyone wants.

18. T-Law says:

Great collection ;)

19. Jan says:

The sites look fun! Great roundup, Chris!

20. Steve Morris says:

Rockets always look good and spark the imagination

21. Amazing! I really loved the milk carton ones!

22. Nora Reed says:

Space and rockets is a great theme. It seems to be used a lot in website designs. I have often noticed a lot of starry night backgrounds. They are overdone, but they do always look great so it makes sense.

23. Nice collection of websites there Chris! The rockets seem to fit in with the whole retro trend that seems to be doing the rounds.

24. That was simply the best post . I will keep visiting your blog so keep them coming

25. catherine says:

This is such an interesting website.I really loved the pictures.The rocket pictures are attractive.It is a nice website to browse through.

26. Gopal Raju says:

Here goes another list!

Gopal Raju
    productivedreams.com

27. WP Revenue says:

Very nice collection of rockets!

wordpressrevenue.com

28. Rob Hawkes says:

Hey Chris, thanks for including my website (Rawkes) on the list.

You may be interested in another rocket type logo I made for a recent project of mine: British Space Organisation.

29. Peter Metz says:

We love the rockets. http://www.zoom7.com Have a huge collection of vintage and repro in our lobby. Good to others share the love..

30. Thanks Chris for mentioning us! Here at Turbomilk we like to be in the trend. Hope next trend will be strange vegetables. New project is being launched soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks once again.

31. Wow, what a unique idea. I love it.

32. Diane says:

Hi, nice collection, I´m working in a rocket illustration, and this is very helpful. Chris.

33. designium says:

nice rocket´s :D helpful inspiration post….ty Chris :D

34. unique designs. thanks for having this. it gives me idea of what to do.

35. Jonny says:

i love these :)

36. I really like the “old school” rocket look that has come back in style. The rockets remind me of something you might find on a ’60s board game box or toy packaging. Very cool!