Showcase of Website Designs with Serif Typography

It’s a shame that typefaces with intact serifs aren’t more popular on the web. Sans-serif text seems to be dominant in the web design industry, despite modern technologies providing a vast library of fonts of all styles. However, when you do find examples of serif font use in web design they are often really beautiful, so in today’s showcase I feature 25 websites with elegant serif typography. These sites use classy serif fonts to create stylish and sophisticated designs.

Rokkan

Instrument

Instrument

The Fernway

The Fernway

• 187
100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Join the mailing list to have new content delivered straight to your email inbox. Every subscriber gets a free pack of 100 HD Blurred Backgrounds + bonus 10 realistic web shadows.

100 HD Blurred Backgrounds

Written by Iggy

Iggy is a designer who loves experimenting with new web design techniques collating creative website designs. Check out Iggy's design tutorials and articles at his Web Design Blog or follow his daily findings on Twitter.

1. Andrew says:

How about a simple layout? http://solidmarkup.com

2. Debarpan says:

amazing work you’ve just made…great.

3. Mich says:

Thanks for sharing this.

4. Jared says:

Like many of us I have a million sites bookmarked, completely forgot about Rook, love their colors and graphic design skillz.

5. Excellent collection. We just redesigned our website and serif typography was a large part of that process. Check it out: http://bornonthefrontier.com

6. Eli says:

I just wanted to say nice collection. Hope to see more showcases like this !

7. William T says:

Love all of them. Even I use serif font a lot to make it look elegant and more bold defining graphics for my website. Great post I bookmarked your page for reading later and exploring more such great articles.

8. Victoria says:

Wow! I love Dragone the most – it is really wonderful! Would certainly use it for one of my projects! thanks for inspiration!

9. Janna says:

These designs are really inspirational. I love how they all have their unique style that really captures the right feel for each!

10. Brice says:

What a great selection! they all look beautiful and appealing. Dragone is just breathtaking… I’ve got my eye on this one as a source of inspiration for future projects. Thanks for sharing!

11. Bartek says:

I really like it . I think Dragone is most beautifull and the same time useful .
    Great selection .

12. thank you for sharing this article

13. Teelah says:

Love these typography examples. Serif fonts are always risky to me so to see them used well is so nice. Its so easy to just pick a readable san serif font. Thanks for the great share.

14. Donatas says:

Chris thank you for sharing this. In my opinion Serif font is one of the best font for web. I really like it.

And of course themes collection is awesome!

15. Thanks for sharing this.
    very nice

16. Datamip says:

This typography is very appealing for writing banners and landing pages. Thanks for posting these creative pictures Chris.

17. Thanks for sharing this.
    chris i love you

18. Serif fonts are a great font. You know as I read this you really don’t see that many on the web and when you do they are actually very well done.

19. Matt Magi says:

This is the best collection of this kind I have seen. SO many nice examples for inspiration thanks so much for putting this together as I love serif fonts when they are applied correctly.

Leave a response