Rounding Up the Top 10 Mootools Lightbox Scripts

Everyone loves lightbox javascript effects, since the original Lightbox script there has been countless clones generated for all the popular Javascript libraries. Last week saw the top ten jQuery ligthtbox scripts, check out this collection of the top ten Lightbox scripts for the Mootools framework.

Smoothbox

ReMooz

Mootools lightbox script

Supported Media: Images, Inline HTML

View Demo

Download

1. Wallace says:

Thanks for the great roundup, everyone should bookmark it.

2. really nice to see some mootools good lightbox good listing.

3. I love lightbox’s – not using them on my portfolio though!

4. Si says:

I recently did a good test of most of the moolightboxes. A lot are old (1.1) or bloated.
    After some serious thought i chose slimbox. If you want a simple image lightbox this is the one for you. updated to 2.1+
    Works like a charm!

5. Alison says:

I use SqueezeBox on all my projects. Nice to see some other options.

6. Edgar Leijs says:

Nice lightboxes… still i prefer jQuery as a main framework….

7. Alis says:

Nice litghtboxes selection! Thank you so much!

8. Brilliant thanks. Makes keeping up with tech a lot easier.

9. it was a very useful for my works! :) Thank you!

10. Frank says:

Thanks, nice list of boxes.

11. Bookmarked…

Great list and great lightboxes!

Keep up the good work!

12. hasfa says:

Woww..I didn’t know before this web is full of nice tutorial such as brilliant great lightboxes with list. I must try and so do my group. Thanks guys..

13. Jose says:

This a a great collection. Thanks for the help!!!!

14. Philip says:

And im curious about wich is best or if its all just a different name…

15. smk says:

niceone but is there ant other products except lightbox for same purpose

16. Nice selection. Good work!

17. Jens says:

Awesome work, sir! Thanx for sharing, definitely useful :-).

18. Patrick says:

Hmm, some thoughts or review would be nice. What makes these the top 10? Are they in order of rank?

/me continues search.

19. Hi, they great awesome tools and I like imagezoom that is great n Im using it some of my site thanks for more great tools sharing.

20. artViper says:

Guess you are missing http://www.artviper.net/bumpbox.php -> lightbox with support for flv,swf,images,audio,html,inline content and PDF’s – based on mootools 1.2.x

21. Adam says:

fyi I’ve deployed many of these in various projects – Slimbox, Smoothbox, Squeezebox and Milkbox. I used to prefer Squeezebox however have encountered issues using on image heavy sites on safari3+ (also flash video issues). Slimbox would be first choice for images.